You could have problem with the engine or have a battery dead that needs to be replace on the spot. Despite of the case, you will certainly need the assistance of a professional towing company to help out. You should also take into concern the different risks related with towing. Below is a list of the top ten towing risks.
1. Emergency tools – Every single towing provider should have a total emergency kit with all the needed tools stored and ready to go. The basics should include a flashlight, red fluorescent triangle lamp, tool set and spare tires in the trunk.
2. Tires – Blown out tires are main problems that must be address immediately. Repair any flat tires before hoist them onto the flatbed truck. Tires must be changed to stop the load from flipping over due to instability. Check the stress gauge on the tires as well for added safety measures.
3. Reckless Towing – Under no conditions should the towing crew stand on the sides of the truck. One hasty turn could spell disaster for all, especially the crew members standing external holding on to the vehicle. Forever ride inside the truck with the doors locked.
4. Visibility Issues – Visibility becomes summary during bad weather and when it gets dark. Make sure you keep your headlights on at every time and make sure you pay extra close thought to road signs.
5. Proper Equipment – Check your owner’s manual to ensure that you have the proper equipment and that your vehicle can safely handle the weight capacity of the load.
6. Don’t go Speed - This is fairly obvious. Keep enough braking distance between the next vehicles at all times.
7. Not a Towing Vehicle – not at all attempt to connect a larger vehicle to a modern SUV. Trailer hitches are not fitting for all vehicles. Your vehicle must meet requirements before hooking up any trailers.
8. Pointed Turns – You should drive slower than usual during steep down slopes or sharp turns. Not only can you cause serious damage to the axle and chassis of the truck, you also lose control and fall over entirely, so be careful.